The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: criteria/qualifications for a post

I believe what Derek was saying is that since you have become a fairly regular poster lately, you might find the answers to your questions sooner and in more detail by reviewing the rest of the site.

I don't think he ever said or implied you were bombarding the site with nonsensical questions or flooding the forum. On the contrary, Derek clearly indicated your questions are quite welcome.

As for your clasp, it may indeed be broken, or loose. Many people on this and other forums assume that the SMP clasp is one of the most secure you can buy and will never open by accident. Although I love my watch and the design of the clasp, in my experience it can open by accident. In fact its the only watch I've ever owned where the clasp opened unintentionally!

As you are probably aware there are 2 small springs, controlled by the buttons. They lock the clasp by catching under the the mushroom shaped cap of the pin. The buttons shift the springs away from the pin so the clasp can open.

Occassionally these springs are not as tight or rigid as they should be, and only barely catch under the cap of the pin. The result (in my case) was that a sudden movement or impact (like hard hand clapping) could cause the clasp to open. Another side effect was that pressing one button was often enough to open the clasp.

In my case the solution was easy. My watch was only days old and my dealer replaced the clasp. I know of at least one person who has had success getting replacement springs, but I'm not sure how you would go about it.

: I have searched the previous posts in the forom
: and checked the omega website.I am very
: aware that there is a search funtion in the
: forum.
: My divers extension was closed correctly with
: the "hook" part underneath the
: plate.

: What then is the criteria for me or anyone to
: ask a question in the forum? Do I need to
: ask a question that nobody has even come
: close to asking and never before heard to
: post a question?
: The reason for me asking AFTER I have read the
: previous post even slightly related to my
: question is because there are new viewers in
: the sight daily and some may have some
: helpful information about my query that
: Might have bypassed posts in the past
: regarding the topic.

: However,if my questions seem to be a
: bombardment of obvious, nonsensical
: questions flooding your forum,Ill look
: elsewhere for help.
: Kelvin

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE