The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Here's a possibility...

Wow. That pretty extreme that a half link is the difference between too tight and too loose.

Maybe you are thinking it through wrong that those are the two extremes. Maybe you need to remove the half link and add a FULL link! This will make the bracelet bigger so that when the watch slides down to your hand it WON'T be so tight there that it cannot move back enough when you move that it bruises your wrist.

: 2) It's so tight that I'm sweating under it,
: even during nasty German autumn weather. The
: links press a clearly visible bas-relief
: into my wrist, and even the caseback waves
: and seahorse can be made out pressed into
: the back of my wrist after taking off the
: watch after a few hours. This is sticky and
: nasty.

: Yes, I've replaced the bracelet of my 1500 Euro
: watch with a 20$ Hirsch strap. Even if the
: strap is not too tight, it won't slide down
: immediately, because unlike with the
: bracelet, the weight is distributed unevenly
: and there's more friction between my skin
: and the rubber backing of the strap.

: I keep trying to go back to the bracelet once
: in a while every few weeks, but it's
: annoying me. I appreciate the value and the
: craftsmanship of the bracelet, but I don't
: see "expensiveness" as a
: sufficient excuse for my discomfort with it.
: I'm desperately hoping to wake up one
: morning, see the light and recognize that
: the bracelet is the only way to go, but that
: hasn't happened yet.

: I'd really love to wear the bracelet, but so
: far, I'll stick with my strap. I can adjust
: the strap in 5 seconds while adjusting the
: bracelet takes 15 minutes and involves a
: special tool, some hammering and a lot of
: concentration.

: If there are genuine Omega straps you want to
: get rid of (domed rubber or the flat X-33
: kevlar one), I'll gladly accept any offer.
: ;-)

: Take care,

: -hacmac

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE