The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

A QUESTION ABOUT DEALERS

This question may be better answerd by Keith but I am addressing it to everyone. I'm sure we have all noticed that practically every fine watchmaker Omega included always have a blurb on their company websites stating that their watches are only sold by authorized dealers and any product with their trademarks sold on the internet are of "dubious origins". Omega, Rolex, & Breitling all make a very obvious issue of this on the opening pages of their sites. Yet, most everyone here, myself included, have purchased our Omegas via the internet from sites recommended here on chronocentric or by some other source that they trust. Likewise, I have not seen any posts by anyone claiming to have received a counterfeit. In fact, I have only seen one post recently wherein someone was displeased with their watch that obviously came to them through the gray market. Everyone else seems quite happy with their watches, their warranties, etc... So, were the online sellers authorized dealers who were bucking the system a bit by selling via the internet or what? I'm just curious. Like I said, I am quite happy with the 2 Omegas my wife and I own and they were both purchased via the internet. Both have been serviced at least once requiring the case be opened by a local Omega dealer. Both are real, and both have valid Omega warranty documents.

Again, I only ask out of intense curiosity. It is obvious from the company websites that the watchmakers prefer to keep their products available through normal retail dealers (for easy to understand reasons), but are unsuccessful. I would just like to understand how the system really works or perhaps at what point and why the system breaks down for all of the watchmakers since there are obviously reputable online sources for all the fine watchmakers.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE