The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Attempting to determine worth of 2 vintage Heuer time pieces

I have two Heuer watches (timepieces). The first is a Master-Time watch and am hoping to get a "ball park" figure regarding its worth (or asking price). I have done some research and believe it to be a timepiece from the 1958-1967 time frame. It has numbers 12, 3, 6, and 9, it's an 8 day watch, and has "Master-Time" above the Heuer logo. It has "8 DAYS" below the center and "MADE IN SWITZERLAND" below the 6. I have had a jeweler look at it and he was quite impressed with the movement - it still works well. The serial number is 18728 (found on the watch casing). It is in its original box which is in good shape - I believe the timepiece itself is in excellent condition and in excellent working order.
The second timepiece I have is a three-button Monte Carlo stopwatch (12 hour) with what I would call "percentages" (10, 20, 30, etc.) surrounding the actual second indicators (5, 10, 15, 20, etc.). Monte Carlo appears above the Heuer logo and below the timing hand are the words, PAT. APPL. FOR (patent applied for, I suppose). According to my jeweler, the serial number is C5913 (he read this to me when he took off the backing piece). The Monte Carlo is also in its original box (ribbed top), and both timepieces have the backing plates for dashboard mounting. The stopwatch runs well, and all the buttons do, also.
If anyone could provide additional information or make a ball park guess at the worth of either or both, it would be greatly appreciated. The timepieces belong to the pastor of our church and he is rapidly approaching retirement. He has asked me to try to determine an approximate worth of these pieces - he may want to sell at some point in time, but he is not certain until he can get some reliable estimates.
At present, I do not have the means of including an image, but would be able to do that via email to those who respond to this messsage.

Messages In This Thread

Attempting to determine worth of 2 vintage Heuer time pieces
Re: Attempting to determine worth of 2 vintage Heuer time pi
The worth is depending from the look! So we need at any r
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE