The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Glad they're back - and yes it's a great watch

It's been a long time since I last wore a 3-hand watch, as Chuck Maddox called them. I feel I've been a chronograph person since I started collecting many years ago. And while the collection has grown thinner for other expenses, all the 3-handers have gone but some chronos have stayed.

Having said that, I love the design of this Autavia so I am glad it's back in the line-up. It makes perfect sense in order to develop a fuller Autavia portfolio the way the Carrera and Monaco ones already are, and hopefully it will bolster the Autavia moniker even more. Somehow, a 3-hand Autavia makes more sense to me than a Carrera or a Monaco - though I know that such Carreras did exist in the halcyon days and Autavias did not.
I've always felt that Heuer first and TH then have always downplayed the "-AVIA" part of the name, while pumping the racing connection - surely the sexier one for the general public. Now instead these really look the part of the aviator's watch - not the fancy chrono with a busy dial but the simple, supremely legible companion of the cockpit clock.
Well done TH! Now you could you please consider expanding the Autavia chrono line a bit more - and always with a solid caseback at least as optional? Many thanks!
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Messages In This Thread

Autavia Calibre 5 -- Now Available
Glad they're back - and yes it's a great watch
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE