The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Perhaps a passage recommending...

Re: Jeff, Here is some potential verbiage… Posted By: David Jones Date: 11/23/05 14:51 GMT

In Response To: Jeff, Here is some potential verbiage… (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

Chuck

You may want to add 'One man's civility is another man's insult!'

[smirks] & The moderators get to wade through it all and their interpetation is likely different than everyone elses...

It would be sad to see posters censured when no offence was meant

I'm not entirely certain that this occured in this instance, but I understand the point.

Regardless of if and where Jeff or I may (or may not) have sympathies, moderators need to be as impartial as possible. Posters should realize moderators first duty is to the community, not to the individual before they post. Because if their post goes over the top, the moderator will act for the good of the community.

and equally a slight robustness can make for an energetic forum.

Not sure of your meaning.

The patrons of this forum have a lot of reason to be proud of their conduct. I doubt any watch discussion forum elsewhere has had so little need for moderator intervention save possibly our sister "Zowie/Chronocentric Omega Discussion Forum"... In nearly every instance the participants here have acted with courtesy and enthusiam towards all who visit.

That doesn't mean we don't have and won't continue to have spirited discussions/debates. We have had them:

• Thomas thinks the users of sniping tools suck (but he uses them himself), I and others disagree.
  • I'm not a big fan of the Monaco, while Charles is and feels I under value their worth...
  • Georges distains Valjoux and ETA movements, I feel they are fine for what they are...
  • A slew of us on TAG-Heuer's marketing.
  • Fake TAG-Heuers: should we report their being offered on eBay?...

... I expect we will have them again on these and different topics in the future.

I guess I am suggesting a 'wimp' clause asking people to see the positive in posts rather than the negative before going crying to the Moderator.

Perhaps a passage recommending folks seek a clarification of any posting that might not seem cordial?

David

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE