The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Your instinct is correct...
In Response To: Too Ugly to Be Real ? ? ? ()

Jeff,

your instinct on "rightness" is correct. Check the serial number...

Heuer didn't make this. No one ever made it...I was inspired by David's custom diver and made it in photoshop, wanted to see what it looked like.

I agree that the dial / case combo looks ugly. I wanted to put the 5100 carrera style dial into the monaco case but I didn't have a good photo to use. Also the proportions are wrong, need something wider to fill the corners.

But I think a pvd Monaco with a lemania movement and classic lemania style dial in all black would have been super cool.

What do other guys out there think? What is the greatest watch Heuer never made?

Messages In This Thread

Prototype Monaco? *PIC*
Too Ugly to Be Real ? ? ?
Re: Too Ugly to Be Real ? ? ?
Your instinct is correct...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE