The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
HELP FAKE MONACOS

Hi All,

As a new Heuer convert I was wondering if there are many fake pre-tag heuers about? Does anybody have any scary stories to share. Do all Monacos have the tool 033 on the rear? My first Monaco, bought two years ago from a Munich dealer and friend of my mother-in-law's, a three-dial manual, doesn't have a tool number on the back. Everything else seems ok except the 11 o'clock marker is slightly sqew whiff. Could it be a defected model disguarded. Might it be a fake? I guess the only way to know for sure is to open it up and look at the movement? Can anyone tell me where to get a case opening tool from?

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE