The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Complicated Question
In Response To: 1163t?? while studying up on.. ()

J.H.:

This is a difficult questions. There are times when it all "clicks" and I feel that I understand the history of the "Viceroys", and there are times when pieces of the puzzle slip away.

Let me do a bit of studying, and try to write a reply in the near future. In the meanwhile, maybe someone else will give it a shot.

For starters,

• I believe that any 1163T has a white dial with black regsiters, and a Tachy bezel
  • Any "Viceroy" has black dial with white registers, brushed hands and a Tachy bezel
  • Not all the "Viceroys" were actually sold through the Viceroy company, but the name became associated with a version of the Autavia, even when sold through normal channels.
  • The model most directly comparable to the early Viceroys was the 1163MH -- black dial; white registers; Minutes / Hours bezel (not Tachy); polished hands (not brushed); slight differences in the build of the dial.

Any or all the above may be incorrect. Stay tuned to the Discussion Forum for more complete information / corrections.

Thanks for the question and the participation in the Discussion Forum.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: the 1163v viceroy model, i saw it is
: distiguished from the 1163t, by
: "subtle" differences. unforunately
: there is no pic, that i could find, of a
: 1163t. does anyone have a pic of a 1163t?
: also a bit confused on which are the viceroy
: and which aren't. is the 11630 on the otd
: chrono guide a viceroy promo, or not? feel
: free to elaborate, since i know very little
: and would love to figure this whole thing
: out. thanks in advance.

: j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE