The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I love mine! Wish they still made them. But TAG...

: I'm just wondering what the general opinion of
: the Heuer community is on the Heuer Carrera
: re-edition from a few years ago. This is the
: model with the manual wind Lemania
: Chronograph movement and just Heuer (no TAG)
: on the dial. I wish they had put Carrera on
: the dial also, but the fact they left the
: TAG off makes up for that in my eyes. Three
: recently sold on eBay in the $800-$900
: range, which seems very reasonable for a
: watch with this movement.

I love mine! Wish they still made them. But TAG can't get the movement's from Lemania/Swatch Group any more. TAG/LVMH could make another re-edition of the Carrera with a manual wind Zenith movement, but so far they have not done so.

The Lemania 1873 is generally considered to be a better movement than the Valjoux 72 the original Carrera sported, and the Re-Editions were and are well thought of.

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE