The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This Board Has Been Too Quiet / So What's New for You?

OK, guys . . . I understand that we all get busy, from time to time. And I kind of like the ebbs and flows . . . we don't blabber just to blabber, we don't post messages, just to post messages . . . indeed, we can enjoy the quiet periods, as a bit of a break from the times when it's difficult to keep up with all the discussions, etc. And it was a tough Spring: we lost Chuck Maddox; battled the Spam and installed new software; and even shifted to new (and faster) hosting, which took some time and effort.

With that introduction, let me ask the question: "What's New With You?". Who has a new watch to show off? Maybe a recently completed restoration or garage sale find? What have you seen that was interesting, even if you did not succeed in buying it?

I will admit that I have added a few nice old Heuers to my collection over the past few weeks, but have simply not had the time to take the photos. And I have two more, in the mail, heading toward Atlanta . . . hopefully. One from Italy / one from Brazil . . . if those might be the main clues!! So what would be arriving from those countries? What Heuers are distinctively Italian and Brazilian?

So this is just the "head's up" that it's time to show us some watches / tell us some news . . . maybe even time for the family vacation photos!! Let's get this Discussion Forum cranked up!! Or maybe just continue to relax and enjoy the quiet!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE