The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: JYS And Agnelli
In Response To: JYS And Agnelli *PIC* ()

: Jackie Stewart's solution is to always have his shirts tailored so
: that the cuff is shorter on the wrist where we wears his watch-
: JYS is always good to sponsors, and this is a way to make sure
: that his Rolex is always seen.

This seems like typically Stewartian attention to detail.
Just wondering where you heard about this.
It seems to me that the reasonable solution is to wear shirts that are a tiny bit shorter in the sleeves and have a somewhat larger cuff opening (which can sometimes be accomplished by simply moving the button just a bit.
FWIW, I did a photo shoot recently for a book jacket wearing a long sleeved shirt and a suit jacket. I asked the photographer to make sure that my watch--the Siffert, what else?--was visible in at least a few shots.
After a little bit of shooting she told me the watch was visible in just about every shot.
This shirt is actually a little bit long in the sleeves, but the cuffs are also soft and have a large opening so it's very watch friendly.

That said, I like my solution the best--wear a Norman's Rare Guitar T-shirt. Or a Speed Racer t-shirt.
No sleeves. No cuffs. No worries. (and since I'm working at home in a pair of cargo shorts and crocs, no one to see the watch except me anyway.)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE