The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I saw the Stewart quote a while back- here it is
In Response To: Re: JYS And Agnelli ()

“For my part, as a global ambassador, I have sought to add value to Rolex by wearing the watch in a way that reflects positively on the company. This involves arranging for my shirts to be made with a slightly wider sleeve cuff on the left side than the right, to ensure the watch moves freely and is always visible” – Sir Jackie Stewart, Winning Is Not Enough

But looks like I got it wrong- its a wider cuff, not shorter. I am sure that I've also read shorter in another interview/ article.

The rest of the article is also worth a read..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article2983573.ece

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE