The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Siffert = Racing Pedigree

IMO a strong reference to a sporting background guarantee's immortality. The name Siffert alone stamps sporting credentials upon anything its associated with. Lets not forget Jo Siffert died motor racing, and in a very sad way the premature death of anyone famous lends itself to legend. This colour combination (aside from just being pleasant on the eye ) is instantly recognized by anyone within our own collectors group - plus you have those who collect/follow historic F1 that will find this model Heuer of interest. The seeming lack of availability does point to collectors and/or investor types holding tight to there precious items.
Market forces decree that price is set where demand and supply meet. There is quite clearly demand , what none of us here seem to be able to answer is where is the supply. How many examples were made of this model and how many survive today? Clearly any good Siffert that came up for auction now would sell for more than the OTD listed valuation, so in my mind they have already leapt well into the AAA price catagory, seemingly headed into AAAA territory.

My own preference - if i could, a Chronomatic . Otherwise the later model with the blue tips to the hands (nice balance of colours)- Darren

:
: suddenly, I am hearing of "Sifferts", in the range of
: 3,800 to 4,000 euro. who can either confirm or deny these
: rumours?

: we have not seen a good "Siffert" on ebay in a long time
: and the dealer sites also seem low on their supply. so where
: have they all gone? do the Sifferts end up in the same range as
: the McQueen Monacos? and which has the greater value -- earlier
: one (polished hands) or later one (brushed hands with blue
: triangular tips)?

: Jeff

:

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE