The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Barack Obama's Watches -- The Update

A few days ago, I posted a message here relating to a webpage that I had written, about Barack Obama's watches -- specifically a TAG-Heuer Series 1500 Two-Tone Divers watch (which he seems to have worn on a daily basis for many years) and a mysterious black chronograph with the Secret Service shield, which he is currently wearing (and which seems to have been his daily watch for the past year or so).

Over the last few days, I have learned a lot more about this mysterious "Secret Service Chronograph", and have updated the webpage to include this information, as well as some images of this chronograph. To read more about this "Secret Service Chronograph", you can go to the webpage that I have written on the subject. The quick summary -- it is made in China, with a Japanese movement, under the Jorg Gray brand . . . available in the Secret Service employees store for approx. $210.

Here are photos of Obama and this Secret Service chronograph. I have obtained one of these, and must admit that it is a good looking watch for the $210 price. Before I published the details on this chrono, people on other forums had mistaken it for a Panerai, Tissot, Carrera re-issue, etc.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE