The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: There's a Lot of History Here / Shauntavia ? ? ?

ill try to take the bezel off and will shoot more close ups...as the numeral are fully aged patina and dial circle have same small round embosed from inside. Also is patna of old age and when you see with the loop its 100% old and original dial. My customer mailed me for this dial and claimed that this is not genuine...i have no intention to sell a fake dial so i did come here to get the Experts opinion...Thanks a lot for all of your help....But certianly this dial is original...Now i dont have an idea that is this dial was changed in the past or was with the same watch from the company..
best regards
mac
: while some elements of this watch may be "wrong" (for
: example, the main hands), I believe that we have discussed these
: Autavias, with this style of numerals, and concluded that these
: dials are authentic. I will need to do some research / searching
: through forum messages, but I believe that the dial itself may
: be OK. We referred to these as the "Shauntavias", in
: honor of one of our contributors, "Shaun".

: here is one of the messages, that shows a couple of these watches
: --
: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?read=16413

: Jeff

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE