The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Clebar Heuer signed Onthedash
In Response To: Clebar Heuer signed Onthedash ()

Ok, we need more Clebar owners to come forward and tell us whats inside their watches.
Its an odd thing, To redo the dial and find a heuer crown still seems a bit "hard work" for the faker
also it would have to be a very good dial restorer. I have seen very few good re-done heuer dials. most get something wrong and even the tiniest fault like the open 4's on monacos becomes apparent. i guess this still looks like the obvious thing if the Clebars have heuer signed movements and cases, but why would Heuer let these watches go to Clebar all Heuer signed? seems like bad business sence to make cases and movements for someone else and not do a watch in collaboration. ? i would have thought you would have seen both brands signed to the watch like with the zodiac version.
nic
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE