The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some Softness in Market / What do Others See?
In Response To: Re: Help for estimation please ()

In the Price Guide, we state (as of September 2007), that the best 1133B Monacos, with original bracelets, are reaching $9,000, with the "baseline" at $7,000 for decent samples of this model.

15 months later, I believe that the very best ones are still selling in the $9,000 range. It seems, however, that the "baseline" for a decent sample may have fallen below $7,000, and $5,500 or $6,000 may be the more accurate number for an average / decent Monaco. I believe that the current economic climate has affected some of the more common / commodity watches, but that the prices for the very best samples have been affected less. There still seem to be strong buyers and strong sellers in this part of the market.

So what do others see, in the current market for vintage Monacos / vintage Heuers, in general? where is these strength / weakness?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Thank man...But some jewellers say me the estimation on the website
: , are not exactly now...In one jewellery in paris, they said me,
: that they was send one 1133B stave Mcqueen with the paper for
: 7000€...
: It's for that, I would like to know exactly price in this moment...
: But thank very much for your reply
: All the best

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE