The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Interesting Ebay Offering -- Grand Carrera Calibe 17 RS2

Well, I had one in my hands last week when I visited my local TAG Heuer dealer to pick up another watch with thesame caliber :-)

This Black PVD-coated Titanium Grand Carrera is very special on the wrist...also the movement looks very special with its black colour...extrelely sportive and yet distingueshed at the same time. In my opinion TAG Heuer has done a great job with this Grand Carrera!!

Priced at 5200 euro here in Belgium...not really cheap for an automatic chronograph with this kind of movement but the overall design and production quality of this watch is certainly worth the money if you ask me!! Also worth mentioning is that it is C.O.S.C certified...

My Grand Carrera lost only 2 seconds this past week!! Very accurate if you ask me!

Cheers,
Abel.

:
: Interesting to see a Grand Carrera Caliber 17 RS2, offered on ebay
: . This was TAG-Heuer's hottest watch, when I was in Switzerland
: in early 2008; very good that TAG-Heuer has brought it to the
: market in less than one year.

: So we loved it as a prototype . . . who will love it when offered
: on ebay at $5,900 starting bid? Will this be a hot seller or
: will the economy cool it down a little?

: Jeff

:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE