The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
So We Will Call Them Both "Grey"

Thanks for this response, Abel . . . very helpful.

For the moment, we can call them "grey" and "grey / black", rather than suggesting dark grey and light grey.

I have never seen the grey / black in the metal, but I understand what you are saying about the finish on the grey-on-grey Monaco; it is very rich / very sophisticated; more than most other chronographs, this dial seems to change colors / intensities, with different angles and lighting. [Shown below is the one from my collection.]

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff,

: The grey dial with the black registers seems to be a little bit
: darker when closely compared to the dial which is completely
: grey. There also seems to be a kind of different
: "finish" between these to dials. I don't know how to
: explain...you just need to see it in the metal. I would describe
: the dial which is completely grey has a more refined finish,
: dial is very glossy compared to the one with the black
: registers...

: Maybe I'll be able to take some more shots in the week to come
: without the crystal...this will show us maybe some more
: details...

: Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE