The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
So...who's the pimp now :-))))
In Response To: Re: Mark has the answer! ()

I still remember some comments of fellow collectors/friends when I posted a picture here on OTD from my goldplated Montreal :-)) Actually this Montreal is a very nice watch, and as David already outlined...the dial is really fascinating. Very special!

Well, I sold my Montreal some time ago...I had mixed feelings when wearing it. As a goldsmith it's very difficult/unnatural to wear something that looks like gold but actually isn't...

Here are some pictures of my Grand Carrera;

Abel.

: Hehe, the process of elimination settled quite quickly on gold,
: then it was just picking a model with a smaller fanbase :)

: I like the Montreal David - I think it would work well as an
: occasion watch. Might have to go gold on my next purchase too, I
: think we've been seeing some interesting and attractive ones
: lately. I've always been keen on the materials used in cases -
: love the forged carbon case on some of the recent AP Royal Oaks,
: for example, even though I'm not so keen on the watch overall.

: Abel, is that one of the limited edition RS17s in rose gold?
: Beautiful watch if so, I was admiring one of the brown-dialled
: examples recently.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE