The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: TAG Heuer
In Response To: TAG Heuer ()

yes it will get tougher for high value brands: saw the valentino brand did it good...wasnt it LMVH too?

I love heuer, but for me (personally) the todays tag heuer watches are only second row. its also positioned like this as brand. So first row high value brands are now in focus: like rolex: was at a party recently and may be the only guest without a rolex deep sea..hundreds of them on mens wirsts...which is also stupid..but for me an indication that I think into right direction.

So waht to do? think to introduce:

- limited watch lines
- also some high price segments: you did it with the rose gold carrera
- why not introducing a "military" line with black and green pvd coated autavia? limited of course
- and yes inovative movements like the v4
- why not having a "sub brands" for all of this: a "vintage line" and a "jet set line"
- special designers or VIP's do the design and co-branding: may be nice for womens lines

Of course your turnover is gnerated by the "price fighters" but you pull alot with the aboves "high value lines"...

However I am in B-2-B marketing and in your world you either know already all of this and/or its B-2-C and it works completelly different. However as a collector I have strong emitions ...so that is waht you ned to gnerate now.

ape aka www.heuerautavia.com

: Hello everybody,

: Some fresh news from TAG Heuer for whoever is interested !
: 1) toughest year since the 1970's for the watchmaking
: industry.....without the japanese and the USD, i.e. tougher ?
: 2) TAG Heuer more than ever pioneering new initiatives with icons
: from HEUER you just love;
: - new Monaco Chronographs Calibre 12 based on a TAG Heuer-Dubois
: Depraz development like in 1969,
: - Monaco "Replica" Calibre 11 with blue dial and crown at
: 9:00 to celebrate 40 years of legend (go to www.tagheuer.com
: to discover the DUEL between.....Lewis Hamilton and STEVE
: McQUEEN himself)
: - Monaco "24" Concept Chronograph based on "El
: Primero" 1/10th of a second movement and proposing the
: first ever "ADA" standing for Advanced Dynamic
: Absorber system capable of absorbing a 24000 G fall
: corresponding to a 3 storeys building.Besides the major
: innovation I consider it as the best ever designed Monaco since
: the original in 1969....and YOU ?
: - Monaco V4......................might be there for
: Christmas.....2009 Yeeeessss!

: Friendly and thanks for your passion - Jean-Christophe

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE