The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carrera Reference Table -- Updated Version

Woohoo, we got there!

Or did we? To use a business cliché, this table is a living document - a lot of research and discussion (no arguments, although you can tell Jeff's lawyer profession when he asks the searching questions :) ) has already gone into it, and we hope you like it, but when you read it, you'll see there is a "How you can help" section.

However much research we undertook, there will be things we haven't seen - pictures, brochures, adverts - just little snippets from here, there and everywhere that can add to the table. We have a lot of models in there - some of which we have pictures of in OTD, some we don't - if you have one that isn't pictured, then photos would be great. Jeff is undertaking to get as many as we can pictured - if you don't send them in, you might have to put up with my rubbishy photos and then you'll only have yourselves to blame! :)

We're looking for as many serial numbers as we can get too - these are invaluable for dating a watch, so great if you can send those in.

If you're not sure which model represents the watch you have, please send a photo and we'll be happy to help - you may well have one that we haven't uncovered yet.

As a Carrera fan, I think this is a great reference and really raises the bar for the other models. It was initially a spreadsheet to help me and formalise what I knew (and, it transpires, what I thought I knew!) but I hope it can be a help to everyone looking at a Carrera too.

Thanks to Jeff for the work in putting it into HTML, to Arno and Hans for their comments and input and to everyone else who contributed.

And my final comment - phew!

Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE