The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Was Born in 1955, So Grew Up Admiring Originals . . .

I was born in 1955, so I grew up worshiping the Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs, Cudas, Challengers, Vettes, etc. I think that the U.S. car companies have done a great job with their re-issues of these cars, over the past few years. Still, the fact that the U.S. car companies can re-issue the old ones, but not be successful in developing new models, tells us a lot about the problems that have forced two of the big three into bankruptcy.

When I was growing up, I also admired the 911s, Dinos, Daytonas, Boras and Miuras . . . the companies that made these cars are now producing great new cars, rather than just re-issuing the old ones.

So, yes, I admire the Camaro, both in 1968 and now . . . what a shame that GM couldn't continue the creative effort after the 1960's!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Timothy A
: Phila Pa 19125
: USA 1
: 6 6 68

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE