The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Using Chuck's Phrase: "Stein Point" (Point of Indifference)
In Response To: Re: Swings and roundabouts ()

Yes, I have a clear number in mind for this watch . . . the number which Chuck would have called the "Stein point" -- the dollar amount that I would put into the auto sniper, and go to sleep, and be at peace and have nice dreams (about the watch), but when I wake up in the morning, I am happy if I have won it and also happy if I didn't. So I have bid the correct number, in terms of what will make me happy . . . no buyer's remorse (bid too high) and no bidder's remorse (bid too low) . . . relatively happy either way!!

My point of indifference is fairly low on this one, compared to the enthusiasm that I sense from others on VetroPlastica, so I will not even bother bidding . . . and we'll see where it ends up!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Yes very interesting, i'd put it a fair amount below a nos Heuer
: badged example.
: Can imagine why a completist would want it, but like Mark says it's
: just NOt a Heuer.
: I suspect however it will go for at least as much as a Heuer
: (classic sign of a toppy market)

: Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE