The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 40th Anniversary LE Monaco -- So How is the Market ? ? ?

I was asked by the most successfull Viennese TAG Heuer dealer to support actively a promotion event in September, Niki Lauda is expected to participate and I will lend a few pieces like the 18 K Carrera, Monaco, Autavia to be displayed beside the TAG Heuer watches to convey essence and historical credability of the hey days of wild man racing and machinery contrasting the young guns with their fathers directing in the pits.
He says there is very strong interest for the new Monaco and I must say if you are looking for a trouble free new watch with strong design cues and image it would be my number one to go for. TAG Heuer did a really good job on this one !
He is also giving away my book as he experienced an increase in traffic as people tend to come back and want a new Autavia or Carrera after purchasing the Monaco.
I see even a stronger win-win for TAG Heuer using the non TAG strong image we have been building over the past decade, there are fewer and fewer vintage pieces around as we keep all buying, hence many future clients will automatically tend to buy out of the TAG range, hence vintage-new can be a success story.
I further believe TAG Heuer was very clever with the price positioning supporting cogs of a limited run and elevating the positioning.
Will keep updating when I get some more info out of the market.
Let me know what you Think ?

Cheers

Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

: I thought that it might be timely to start a thread on the
: market for the 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Monaco. I have
: seen a couple offered on chrono24.com, at around the $10,000
: mark, and there is one on ebay with a BuyItNow at $16,000, but
: this raises the usual questions:
: are they available through dealers or are they all sold out?

: are any dealers offering discounts or is the MSRP sticking?

: are they being bought and sold in the after-market, and at what
: price?

: do we believe that these become "collectible", and at
: what price?
: Can we get some observations (or even predictions) from our
: experts? Maybe some war stories?

: Jeff

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE