The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The lousy weather made me do it.. (bring out your beaters!)

At least that`s the only plausible explanation I can offer,as to why my local post office is currently bulging with packages containing sub-serious Divers watches.
I guess I went a little overboard while my vacation was raining away,one day at the time.Too much time online can lead to this:

Seiko 7S26-0020,this is what I call a "phillipino mod",I think they basically make them out of old bicycles over there..
Actually runs and keeps OK time,and I think it looks great.

The Marathon GSAR,this was a real pleasant surprise.Lovely watch to wear,and looks good on the olive NATO.This one can definetely take a beating,and come back for a 12th round knock-out.Highly recommended as a carefree,budget tool watch.
Also,its not quite as vulgar as its oversized brother,the quartz JSAR (J of course meaning Jumbo!)But vulgar doesn`t always mean bad,now does it...

And this is a fun watch,a proper beater if there ever was one!ebay,"asian made" quartz movement,plongeur hands and an orange Zulu,70 USD`s!
I went rockclimbing with this one,no worries at all.

What do you wear for your rough and tumble outdoors activities?hiking,running,cycling,climbing and so on?
Show us your beaters!

Cheers!
Marius

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE