The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Expect no less from men of exquisite taste..

There certainly seems to be some real classy beaters around this great community of ours.

From the cheery 1563s and Solunars,via the stylish 1553 (admittedly not a beater,but..) to the battle scarred Autavia.The diversity is impressive and intriguing!

While I`m on the subject of exquisite taste;here`s an example of total lack of such:

This showed up at my doorstep this afternoon.And yes,it is the infamous JSAR.
I got it off the bay and the intension was to procure it for a good friend of mine who couldn`t afford one right now.
I`ve been watching this thing all afternoon,trying to figure out how I feel about it.

It`s just so freakin`.. BIG! I kinda want one,but would I ever wear it? I just don`t know.Perhaps if I got it on a nice big strap..
The jury is still out on this one,but one thing is for sure.It`s a watch that really demands attention.

Whether I`d appreciate that kind of attention or not,now that`s an entirely different question..

Here it is with my nice little GSAR:

Cheers!

Marius

: the Autavia (IDF issued) gets a lot of wear, when the watch
: might get the occasional bang or nick, and the Sinns often get
: the call for the morning run, outdoor activities, etc.

: Jeff

:
:

:

:

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE