The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Interesting Pasadena
In Response To: Interesting Pasadena ()

Interesting, indeed. It looks like an Enicar Mantagraph round-dial case and crystal. And the movement looks more like the Seiko 7016 than a Valjoux 7750—funny enough, that's what is inside the Enicar Mantagraph. What a coincidence. The case back? Hm. Never seen something that before. I have seen, however, TAG Heuer boxes before, and I think I can confirm that the last photo depicts an actual, authentic box with TAG Heuer on it. This watch must have been one of the re-edition TAG Heuer Pasadenas from 1991 until 1984, manufactured with fairy dust and bicarbonate of soda on a midsummer night's dream. Oberon? Titania? Halp!

: Apologies if this has been discussed before, I could not find
: anything in a variety of searches..

: I am sure many of you have seen this watch on ebay:
:
: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280382086246&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

: It has me rather puzzled; as the case is unlike anything I have
: seen before on a 'pasadena' or indeed any Heuer of that vintage
: with a 7750 or 5100. So i thought it must be a re-dial, BUT it
: has been serviced by TAG and therefore given providence. Surely
: they would not service frakenwatches.

: Can any one shed some light on this piece?

Messages In This Thread

Interesting Pasadena
Re: Interesting Pasadena
Re: Interesting Pasadena *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE