The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Interesting Pasadena *PIC*
In Response To: Re: Interesting Pasadena ()

Hi Heuer-lovers!
Before we go any further with Seiko fantasies and amateur comments, I can confirm it is Valjoux 7750 movement - see pictures below.
Both movement (balance) and the case (caseback in this situation) are signed Heuer Leonidas S.A. - see pictures below.
And regarding the case which looks like Enicar Mantagraph's - my girlfriend when she sees my watches keeps asking me: "they are all the same, why do you collect them?" For her Pasadena, Montreal, Carreras look the same, because they have black dials.
Perhaps Danomar has the same issue - all black PVD coated watch cases look the same for him. - see picture showing Pasadena 14024 vc Enicar.

Looking forward to other views.

http://photobucket.com/Pasadena14024_photos

best, rav

: Interesting, indeed. It looks like an Enicar Mantagraph round-dial
: case and crystal. And the movement looks more like the Seiko
: 7016 than a Valjoux 7750—funny enough, that's what is inside
: the Enicar Mantagraph. What a coincidence. The case back? Hm.
: Never seen something that before. I have seen, however, TAG
: Heuer boxes before, and I think I can confirm that the last
: photo depicts an actual, authentic box with TAG Heuer on it.
: This watch must have been one of the re-edition TAG Heuer
: Pasadenas from 1991 until 1984, manufactured with fairy dust and
: bicarbonate of soda on a midsummer night's dream. Oberon?
: Titania? Halp!

Messages In This Thread

Interesting Pasadena
Re: Interesting Pasadena
Re: Interesting Pasadena *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE