The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dato 45 or Carrera 30 or Tachy scale or...

I think the collector is the one being modest, that's a very nice collection there Brook. I especially like the 2447 N.

You could go for the 1153 case but stick with manual movements by going for a 73353, 73453, 73653 or 73655.

I think there is still some mileage for you in the classic case though.

Jasper and Arno made a good suggestion with the 45 Dato in black, giving a nice balance between silver/white and black dials in the collection.

I'm also not seeing a Carrera 30 in there; all watches are in first execution, so none with second execution markers; no watch with contrasting registers and none with a Tachymetre scale.

Which leads me to suggest... (anyone see where this is going yet? :) )... a Carrera 30 7753 NT. Every "omission" above solved in a single watch! Good luck finding one though - it will probably be easier to work through those one by one or in pairs. And once you're there, you will probably find that the red Tachy scale starts calling out to you too. And that might be the point at which you open the 1153 can of worms!

Fantastic start you've made, I look forward to seeing where the collection goes next.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE