The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Welcome, Alex
In Response To: What a day ()

Welcome, Alex!!

Most of us here are just working guys, collecting these old Heuers . . . "tool watches", we often call them. But we love it when the big-time Wall Street guys drop in, especially when they have the big bonus money burning a hole in their pockets / wallets, and have the urge to buy a big, fancy watch, to impress the guy in the adjacent cubicle!! So maybe a NOS Monaco 1133B, with box and papers, will be just the watch for you!!

And speaking of Che, did you know that he was a consistent "Rolex guy", just like so many of your I-banker buddies! He wore his Rolex all the time!

So "Viva La Revolucion", best regards to EMS, and please have RBoot drop me a line (or send cash) when she is ready to buy you the Big Watch for the Big Event.

Jeff

Readers: Sorry about this little side-bar / stream of inside jokes, but it is good that as least one of my five kids (or at least her friend, Alex) has finally shown some interest in Dad's hobby!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Today is a day that historians will remember forever. While it
: doesn't quite match Jeff's undeniable connection to James Dean,
: it may come close.

: October 8, 1871: The Great Chicago Fire
: October 8, 1943: Chevy Chase was born
: October 8, 1967: Che Guevara was defeated
: October 8, 2009: Emma's watch now reads October 8. That's right. I
: had the honor of correcting the watch of Jeff's daughter to read
: the correct date. No longer will Emma be stuck on Wednesday when
: it is really Thursday. No longer will Emma think that it is
: September 31st. Emma's sanity is saved. Oh what a night.

: P.S. In case you were wondering... it's a Raymond Weil RW Spirit.

Messages In This Thread

What a day
Re: What a day
Welcome, Alex
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE