The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Question on this Heuer Bund

Hi, I have a chance to acquire this Heuer Bund. Hope the experts could enlighten me on any issues surrounding this Bund. The dial does not have the 3H in it but does have the small "t".

From the little research I have done, this appears to be in between a sterile and 3H version. I've seen several examples of the 3H version on the net and a few of the sterile version. Is this dial with just the small "t" rarer than the sterile and 3H version?

The caseback is not marked at all. Or, it may have been erased through time but a closer examination shows that it may not have been marked at all.

Is there any significance to an unmarked caseback? Does this look legitimate?

Finally, I've seen several examples with markings on the case, between the lugs. This one is not marked at all.

Does the absence of any markings on the case have any significance?

By the way, this comes with its service papers from WEMPE that states AUFTRAGS- NR.: 19518.

Hoping to hear from the experts on this. Thanks in advance.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE