The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Footnote to Bluey already been on the 'bay
In Response To: Bluey already been on the 'bay ()

As a footnote to my previous post, I've checked the ebay status of the previous seller, betterwholesale2008 and the only feedback from a buyer states that he's a scammer now wanted by the FBI !!!.

It also seems odd that the last photo in the recent advert shows the 2 watches together on exactly the same blue cloth as the photo's from May 09 but the current seller wasn't the seller who took the pictures.

I hope that the reason the photo's are the same is a valid one and that the new buyer doesn't end up with a box bricks...

David Howlett

: The blue watch was on ebay last May and I nearly bought it but the
: seller then, (different one now), was a bit 'odd' in his email
: replies and I didn't go through with it. The photo's on ebay
: this time are the exact photo's used back in May 2009. I offered
: $3250 as a buy it now and he said he had someone wanting to buy
: it but they were messing him around offering $2500 then $2000
: then retracting the bids and then he said I could have it for
: $2900. I was a bit unsure of the dial so I left it. Something
: didn't seem quite right and as Robert De Nero said in Ronin,
: "If there is any doubt, there is no doubt".

: Wise words Bobby, wise words...

: As a basis to strip down for parts, Richard's right that 2 for that
: price isn't bad.

: David Howlett

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE