The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Gold Content of the 1158 Carreras

Interesting to see the weights confirmed Jeff. The pricing was obviously very susceptible to the vagaries of the price of gold in the 70s; Abel looked into some of the bullion price changes in the period - I believe I sent them on, but let me know if you don't have them.

:The jeweler who assisted me with these
: measurements also pointed out that the workmanship in the
: bracelet far exceeded the workmanship in the case itself.

That's a bit misleading though. In one instance, the remit of the goldsmith was to replicate the steel case of the 1153; in the other they could create something a bit more imaginative and baroque. It's pretty clear that one gives much more opportunity to demonstrate workmanship than the other!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE