The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Workmanship of the Case and Bracelet

:The jeweler who assisted me with these measurements also pointed out that the workmanship in the bracelet far exceeded the workmanship in the case itself.

That's a bit misleading though. In one instance, the remit of the goldsmith was to replicate the steel case of the 1153; in the other they could create something a bit more imaginative and baroque. It's pretty clear that one gives much more opportunity to demonstrate workmanship than the other!

I believe that she was not referring to the artistry, as such, but to the fact that a goldsmith could produce this case fairly easily (less labor), as compared with assembling one of these bracelets (more labor).

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Interesting to see the weights confirmed Jeff. The pricing was
: obviously very susceptible to the vagaries of the price of gold
: in the 70s; Abel looked into some of the bullion price changes
: in the period - I believe I sent them on, but let me know if you
: don't have them.

: :The jeweler who assisted me with these

: That's a bit misleading though. In one instance, the remit of the
: goldsmith was to replicate the steel case of the 1153; in the
: other they could create something a bit more imaginative and
: baroque. It's pretty clear that one gives much more opportunity
: to demonstrate workmanship than the other!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE