The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Basel: Grey Heuer Monaco Re-edition

Hey DC

I can see both sides to this debate, but to me they are trying to copy it, but just not very well imo. So either do something totally different but in the "spirit" of Monaco (which i believe the 24 is), or copy it better than this. To me this is neither and that for me is the problem.

I'm fairly sure if you went to someone clever in SEAsia and asked them to knock off 1000 Vintage Monaco copies and sell them retail for £6000, they would near as damn it replicate the 1133B.

Now there's an idea...!

Rich

: Here is a Grey version of the 40th anniversary Re-edition

:
:

: The dial is much closer to the original that this photo indicates-
: I'll try and get some better snaps.

: Personally, I prefer it when re-editions are not exact replica's of
: the original, although I know others disagree. If I wanted an
: exact replica, why wouldn't I just buy the original?

: More here:

: http://www.calibre11.com/heuer-monaco-re-edition-grey/

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE