The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mine would be...

... the CS2110 also, I owned it for a while and it's the best design of a re-edition Monaco imo. Still Jeff, you make a valid point, progress has led us to cases which are nowhere near as nice - vintage are crisper, more solid, have much more beautiful grinding and polishing. Add to this nicer detailing of hands, subs, pushers, script and there is nothing i find nicer on any re-editions, Silverstone included. This i just do not understand, unless it is pure and simply a cost implication...?

For me watches per se are not the fascination - so perhaps i'm unusual in this sense - rather the ones that are like little pieces of fine art or sculpture. When i look at my PVD or Transitional what i see is a stunning creation, which i like to wear also, the fact that it also tells the time is an added bonus! But as i say perhaps i'm not the nom ;-)

Cheers Rich

: An imotive subject!

: Although I wouldn't buy and wear the 24 I can see it as a natural
: progression of the model employing some interesting new
: advances. You can only applaud progression of this kind on one
: condition........ it doesn't degrade the heritage of the
: original model.

: The Gulf, white, blacks, etc have never sat well with me. From a
: purely aesthetic point of view I find them to be a bit muddled
: and almost an after thought. Added nothing to the heritage of
: the Monaco IMO and if anything cheapened it for me.

: I like the new Silverstone - looks great but I will buy an original
: over the re-issue.

: The one re-issue I really like is the Monaco CS2110 - a nice twist,
: an original design and a lovely watch in it's own right. Maybe
: they should have stopped there?

: However, one thing I do know..... I wore a re-issue 'McQueen' for a
: few years and it was that watch that got me interested in
: vintage Heuers!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE