The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: If I Might Ask, Did These Sell for $8,700? Recent Uptick

Jeff:

Yes I sold them for $8700. I originally listed them for $9600. I had three offers right away around $5000 from two bidders that were automatically declined. One was almost immediate from someone we knew well in the old days who collects Monte Carlos. In all I had 32 or 33 watchers but NO ONE except our old friend ever asked me a question about them and that was only after I initiated a conversation with him. He also pointed me to your site about my pricing but I really didn't care as I wasn't going to give them away especially after holding them this long. And I don't think it hurt my resolve that a four place Heuer backplate sold for $760 last week (I never should have sold my three place backplate). Anyway, then I got an $8100 offer last night..auction had been going about 16 days with the auto-decline set at $8000. I countered with $8700 and he accepted. Now remember ebay and paypal will take $550 or so.

: Scott:

: I have seen something of an uptick recently in prices for the Heuer
: dashboard timers, primarily in some private sales. Can you tell
: me whether these four actually sold for the $8,700 shown on
: eBay? This would be a strong price, in my view, and would be
: further evidence of such an uptick.

: Thanks for any further information.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE