The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Informal Survey: Who Uses What [technology & social media]?

Guys:

Here's a very quick, very informal survey for members of our community, "Who Uses What [in terms of internet technology and social media]?". Here is how I would fill out my imaginary survey form:

• workhorse computer: desktop PC with big monitor and Firefox browser
  • laptop: old school IBM thinkpad, may it live and be well
  • is there an Apple in the house?: Yes, Mac Mini used only for browsing.
  • wireless = Blackberry
  • cellphone: $20 Samsung from 2005 [no camera!!]
  • Facebook: no . . . let that be for the kids
  • Linkedin: no
  • Twitter: Yes . . . love it / wish I could spend more time Tweeting!!
  • RSS reader: set one up last night, beginning to explore
  • favorite aggregator: playing with Watches area on Alltop, but not there yet
  • photohosting: Flickr
  • Most frequently visited watch-related blogs: Hodinkee and Calibre11
  • Other favorite watch-related forums: IVHOC (but it seems very slow, on technical side, and has gotten quiet, in terms of postings), VetroPlastica (but it seems to be moving toward Italian language content), TimeZone (two visits per week) and WatchUSeek (occasionally)
We are exploring RSS feeds from this forum, so I am just wondering whether there is any interest in that technology . . . which made me wonder about all these other technologies.

Respond as you see fit . . . follow my headings or write your own . . . shout out anything that we might need to know to make this forum and community a better place for you!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE