The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Less Cupertino, more Minato

workhorse computer: Sony Vaio desktop, Sony monitor, shared external HDD (should get round to RAIDing my old HDs too), Firefox + NoScript

laptop: 3kg Sony Vaio for graphically intensive stuff, 1kg Sony Vaio for business travel, 650g Sony Vaio netbook for private travel, little funky Sony Vaio palmtop with slide-out keyboard for...erm...ahhh...because I wanted one, ok?! All on various versions of Vista until I get around to installing Win 7 on them.

is there an Apple in the house?: No, I bought plums and cherries this week. Oh, that Apple. Not at the moment.

wireless: All sorts of devices.

mobile phone: Currently a metal cased Nokia, my fifth or sixth Nokia since my first 2110, built as solidly as a brick - it survived a drop from the top of Rough Tor in Bodmin, most notably. Due an upgrade for a while though and considering an iPhone4.

Facebook: Yes, but locked down tight since the privacy changes.

Linkedin: No.

Twitter: No.

RSS reader: No.

Favourite aggregator: I find aggregators useful, but haven't found a decent one for watches.

photohosting: Imageshack.

Most frequently visited watch-related blogs: Hodinkee and Calibre 11 too. I have a bookmark for a TAG-Heuer blog too, but that hasn't updated since Apr 2009.

Other favorite watch-related forums: IVHOC, Vetroplastica and Timezone.

Watch bookmarks: I have 39 watch sites bookmarked in total - the forums and blogs above, this forum and OTD, the rest are a mixture of sellers who have or have had interesting watches, events, some auction sites including a useful UK auction house aggregator and other bits and bobs.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE