The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: TAG Heuer/ Heuer 1000 BIG FAN

: : I got the same watch with black dial and blue bezzle. My watch got water damaged about 2 years back. The hands were all corroded I had the same issue like you finding parts from TAG. My local watch shop was able to help and he found all of the parts to serviced it (new glass and seals, new hands and a movement part - not sure what it was).

He said that TAG parts for this watch from Heuer were no longer available when he contact them. He said, however that most swiss watches from that period used the same movement and he was able to find a glass and seal that is the same size to fit.
All in all, it cost me $250. I got my watch back working like new and I still enjoy wearing it daily...the only thing is that the hands are a Rolex style now....but they look good in this dive watch style.

I hope you can find a good watch shop that don't mind finding parts for your watch....it can be done.
Good luck.

: I have the same one (980.013N) in black. It's never lost a second
: of time since I bought it new. However, I can't find anyone to
: get it running again. When the battery depleted, I sent it to
: TAG in NJ & it was returned unserviceable stating battery
: & parts no longer availabe. I can understand the parts not
: in stock, but all I need is a battery. I no longer dive with it
: so I'm not too concerned about the waterproof seal. Any
: suggestions? I've been to local TAG retailers & they look at
: me like I'm nuts!

: Desperation setting in.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE