The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some other thoughts on RRPs
In Response To: Re: Monaco Twenty Four ()

Hi Mark

Yes its the thickness for sure but also its a bit "Gimmicky" for me i have decided...

Yes i first picked up on the B&R from your post a while back and agree the instrument ones are not for me but the 126 (i like a chonograph) looks just right. I'm also picking up a Tudor Heritage (also very good value £2500 i think) in early September, i'd like to give TH some of my hard earned cash, but really none of their watches appeal...and i think they are over priced.

I think TH should be careful with regards to their pricing policy. I spend lot of time looking at the car industry and values of cars, new and used. When a manufacturer overprices their new cars and ends up heavily discounting them, it more often than not damages the brand...for me i would be looking at this quite seriosuly. Apart from damaging the brand in the minds of potential new buyers it is also not good news for anyone who bought at anything close to RRP.

Just my 2 cents worth of course.

Rich

: Agreed Rich, it was the incredible thickness of that 24 in DC's
: pics that struck me too. Does it not feel top heavy when wearing
: it David?

: And yes, those vintage Bell&Ross watches are very nice - the 123
: and 126 at least, I think the Instrument range is a bit silly. I
: posted about them when they were first shown at Geneva:

:
: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=35461

: The end result looks much the same, bar the addition of a date
: window - prefer it without myself, but it's still a great
: looking watch.

:
:

: (Images from Hodinkee)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE