The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Monaco Twenty Four
In Response To: Re: Monaco Twenty Four ()

Yes, its a thick watch- but relative to modern watches I don't find it too big. By way of comparison, I also have an Aquaracer 500m Chronograph that I am reviewing- that one feels bigger and heavier on the wrist than the Monaco (to be fair, its 44mm).

One of the reasons that it doesn't feel too top-heavy is that the strap near the lugs is very stiff and reinforced with rubber- it kind of spreads the weight rather than feeling like I'm sure the watch would on say a NATO strap.

Interesting B&R- I'm not a fan of their usual "style", but these are OK...although they look like a Sinn 756 to me..speaking of which, take a look at this shot of the Sinn- modern watches are just bigger than vintage ones.

RRP is an interesting one. I agree that there is no point setting prices artificially high and then allowing retailers to discount dramatically- but from what I hear, most ADs that got an allocation of the Monaco 24 are confident that they'll sell them without much of a clip...let's see.

dc

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE