The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Size of a Speedy
In Response To: Re: Size of a Speedy ()

Thanks Andreas, you are absolutely right, it is a reduced model. The seller is being a very good sport though and is taking it back so I'm still on the hunt for a Speedy but this time, a Profesional. I want something more modern for waterproofness, if that's a proper word, so I'll probably end up with an 861 if I can find one. Unless of course, something else catches my eye...

David H

: Hi Dustin,

: for me is a "real" Speedmaster a 145.012 with Cal 321. A
: 145.022 ist OK too ;) with Cal 861. If you buy a new Speedmaster
: then please with Cal 1861.

: Left on the picture a "Buzz Aldrin" from 1967 Ref
: 145.012-67 42mm and right a Autavia "Derek Bell" 42mm
: without crown.
: This size is just perfect far away from a buick :)

:
:

: Cheers Andreas

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE