The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: How long has everyone been collecting?

I've been actively collecting since 2000 after I discovered TimeZone... but I'd been interested in watches since I was a kid growing up in the 60's... my first real watch in the 60's was a Borel Cocktail Kaleidoscope (which I was unfortunately relieved of by a thug in the NYC subways... ouch!)

The first nice watch I bought was a TAG chronograph in the early 90's and my wife bought me a Breitling Blackbird in 2000 to commemorate the birth of our daughter... that really got my horological juices flowing...

I discovered TimeZone and started reading as much as I could about vintage watches... buying and selling mostly time-only pieces until the chronograph bug hit... that's when Heuers (and Breitlings and Omegas, among others) really piqued my interest...

My advice: read, read, then read some more... the more you know, the more informed your purchases will be... and it always helps to have a good keen eye :) and buy the best you can afford...

Happy Hunting!!

Cheers,
Peter

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE