The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 2446 Second Execution Dial - Questions

Dear Forum Members,

This is my first post here, so i would like to thank you for the opportunity. I hope i can bring something interesting to the discussions.

I've located a second execution dial Autavia 2446H (3 register) from a dealer with a website. The watch appears to be in extraordinary condition from the photos (sorry but i am not sure of the rules about posting a dealers products without his permission). I've checked the On the Dash and other internet resources and the dial appears correct, as do the hands and caseback.

The dial shows no patina or other obvious aging, however the luminous has darkened nicely. The sword hands appear to have no oxidizing or pitting. The hand's luminous is more light green than cream, which makes me wonder about the hands. The dealer says that the watch came from a German collector and has not been touched, not even polished and is all original. The 40 year old shop is willing to give a one year guarantee on authenticity and functionality.

So, this could be a really nice watch, or....? If anything, i've learned to be skeptical and to do proper due diligence.

My question to the forum is what are the "red flags" i should be looking for for this model? Are there many fakes around? What would be a fair market price for one in very good original condition?

Thanks,

Andrew

Messages In This Thread

Autavia 2446 Second Execution Dial - Questions
Re: Autavia 2446 Second Execution Dial - Questions
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE