The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
10/10/10: Paolo *PIC*

I am based in Milan, and I have been collecting watches for the past 15 years.
I've started collecting Rolexes, but I have mostly sold them: now I collect only '60 manual Carreras, although I have a couple of '70s ones and the odd Autavia. I wear them on a daily basis, with care, and they are such a joy to wear: not too heavy, perfect shape, not too flashy but very easy to get noticed.

It has become more difficult to collect in the recent past: the market has become more expensive, but thinner and more volatile at the same time, not really the best environment to expand your collection. I have witnessed the same pattern in the vintage Rolex market from the mid 1990s to the mid noughties and it's a bit of a mess: it spoils some of the fun and drags away potential new collectors just because of the price levels.

This 2447D is a recent purchase from last Chuck's Flea Market (thank you David D!).

Ciao,

Paolo

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE