The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Of Polo Shirts and "Prosperity"

In a message posted below -- http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=38750 -- Ron suggests that we might want to have some polo shirts made for the group.

Jeff, while OntheDash is prospering so much and so many are reading and enjoying it, wouldn't it be a great idea to introduce an official OnTheDash Polo Shirt?? I am sure many are willing to pay for something that exclusive and would love to have one or more. Or am I getting too sentimental now?

I think that this is a great idea, so I wanted to start this new thread on the subject, so that others can chime in with their thoughts. Maybe the objective would be to have them in time for distribution before the London gathering? [I should add that others have suggested the polo shirts previously, but we never had full follow through by the group (and I will take some of the blame for that).] So it would be great if others can express their enthusiasm / preferences, and even volunteer to help on the project.

In terms of the "prosperity" of OnTheDash, let me just go on record as saying that while we are certainly enjoying incredible prosperity in terms of our "social capital", in terms of the actual "business model", it remains as it always has, with the monthly income statement being as follows: $60 per month expenses (for hosting and forum technical support); $0 per month in revenue. I continue to be approached about advertising and sponsors, but prefer to keep it entirely non-commercial. Of course, in terms of the "social capital" and goodwill that we have generated, we are all millionaires many times over, with the enormous success of OnTheDash and Chronocentric (and the other websites and blog that are part of our community)!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE