The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good Suggestion re Donate button / annual prize draw

Stewart:

These are all good suggestions, and well-appreciated, but I am happy "paying the bills", at least for now.

Compared with other hobbies, the web-hosting and tech support is relatively inexpensive, and with any sort of income (even voluntary donations), there will come some complexity, dissatisfied customers and loss of independence / autonomy. In various situations, it has served me well to be "not-for-profit" / educational / non-commercial, so I plan to keep it that way. As a hobby, the annual budget is about the same as a few rounds of golf.

People have done me some good deeds along the way -- a nice strap from Squinky, a Sinn overhaul from Ralf, chocolates and a gold buckle from Abel, and this is just a fraction of the favors. Oh . . . and did I mention the reader who gave me his fantastic Cortina (Cal 12, black-dial), so that it would be in a good home? But that is another story for another day!

Thanks again,

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff,

: For a start, may I suggest you put up a PayPal Donate button.
: Simple & quick - get the code from PayPal's website.
: Ask users to donate if they successfully sell a watch on here, a
: small percentage.
: If I sold a $1000 (or any amount) watch without paying any ebay
: fees etc, I'd very happily donate.

: Once a year you could have a donate-athon, to try to raise the
: server costs for the year.
: Could even have a prize giveaway - randomly picked a donator out of
: a hat wins something nice - like a watch book, Heuer baseball
: cap, Heuer patch cap, watch strap, Heuer buckle etc etc. (one of
: them, not all of them!!)

: The beauty of the above is that it is little hassle.

: All the best
: Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE